Saturday, June 4, 2011

What if the Karate Kid Met Dom Deluise Instead ? ...Mindblower.


Yes!                                                                                                                       
Deserving of a comment, this gem of cinematic greatness came to fruit by way of Hollywood North. Thats right, its Canadian in the flesh so you know its a quality piece. No doubt brought to us from the same folks who made the epics of MVP(most valuable primate) 1-6 and Air Bud 1-? If you ride the board and claim you're a lifer, then this one is on your list of hits. Its up there with being able to say you've hit Baldy, Vagabond, or Skatopia. If you don't happen to ride then maybe a watch is in order to help the layman understand the struggle that the skate community has had to overcome. This flick nails it on so many levels! Had I possibly had a gas powered skateboard  with the soul of Dom Deluise as a spiritual advisor in my youth...Well, I'll just say the world would look much different to me today. I'd probably of landed 540's by now like neck high. I'd probably be mega pro with energy drink sponsors and have my own signature gas powered-Barbie car, talking rip sticks. The children the world over would love me. Instead I'm lucky to go 180, get a few bucks off a shop deck at the Shrunken Head, and  the only sponsor I got is from A.A. Tons of heartache and disappointment could of been thwarted with a little whisp of magic.This Zen Of Ignorance Moment Goes out to the children, who without movies to guide them, may never know the reality of what its like to live in a land where dreams can be so real.

1 comment:

Laura said...

People get paid to come up with movie ideas like this?!! I can only imagine how hilarious the brainstorming meetings must have been. I may be in the wrong profession......let's move to Canada and start pitching crappy movie scripts!!

I can't wait to watch Skateboard Kid. Then after that, I'll rent Death Bed....the bed that eats people!!