Friday, June 3, 2011

Discovering Your Hidden Selfs

Photos tell a story and oft times what you see and what you know have no relation whatsoever.Yeah, I know, its just a frontside grind. Meh, thats just whatever. But the entire sum of parts in this photo added up to be one of the more memorable trips Ive ever been on with the Terror crew. We all were absolutely destroying. But it wasn't just the skating and the brotherhood that I remember, those were just 2 pieces of a larger shit pie. The day after this photo was shot(Cr:Hammeke) I was to discover that all the Vicodin I'd been eating recreationally for months was no longer recreational. I ran out hours after this was taken. I awoke next day to find that I was "down with the sickness." No amount of alcohol, weed, or psych meds was gonna change that and the condition got strange from that day on for....5 or 6 years.  I had never run out before so I seriously didnt know. The universe has a funny way of hammering home the truths of self. 
   For me it came by way of passing out drunk and opiate sick in a bathtub at a well respected friends home. Upon waking, I Found my skin pruned, and me in ice cold water surrounded by my own shit. And not just a few random bee-bees scattered about, NO! My entire insides were surrounding me, brown and loose fitting, water blankets of excrement. I panicked of course. My buddies wife was gonna see what I'd done and freak. She did and I've been sorry ever since. The fact that she came to my wedding  years later tells me Ive grown up a little bit and that the zen of ignorance comes from this crossroads: Upon my discovery of Vicodin addiction and the resulting consequences, I could of swore off from that point on and missed out on some latter dissapointments OR-- I could catch the first ride back to California and into my dealers chump ass embrace...I chose the latter. 

1 comment:

MM said...

One hell of a morning Dobe.